Summer is a chance to sit back, relax and take in some of the activities that we do not make the time for, for me, fishing is one of those things. Fishing is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, time with family and of course catching the "big" one. Although fishing per say is not a dangerous sport, it is always important to practice safety.
* Use sun screen to protect yourself from harmful UV/UVA rays, and hat to protect yourself from the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter. In addition, a hat helps to protect you from a bad burn.
* Add glasses to protect your eyes from not only the sun but a stray hook
* Always look around you before you before casting your line so that you do not
"hook" another person, tree, boat or anything else in the area, other than a fish!
* Keep your tackle and fishing equipment stored properly so that people do not trip on them.
* When removing a hook from a fished mouth do not stick hand or fingers in the fished mouth, it may bite you! Use a tool to cut or remove the hook.
* Whenever you are around water, especially with small children make sure to wear a Coast Guard approves personal flotation device. Make sure that it fits the user properly.
* Carry your license and follow your states fishing rules.
* Take a friend, it is more fun and of course safe.
Enjoy your weekend and you Summer!