Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wisconsin Archery Deer Season Begins September 15th!


I don't know about you but the cooler temperatures to me signals the start of hunting season. After a LONG hot summer I am itching to get out in the woods to do some hunting. As I mentioned a few posts back I am gearing up to hunt turkey and deer this weekend. 
I like to hunt in the Black River Falls area of Wisconsin and have been going there for many years. In fact, the people that own the land I hunt on are kind enough to store my tree stand and to set it up and take it down each year. This is a plus because frankly that thing is heavy, not to mention that it is nice just to show up and be prepared to hunt.
Image Here

I like to use the Big Buddy stand, it has a 48 inch platform that fits two people and that way we can cover all of our territory. For safety, we do use a harness while in the stand. One can never be too safe while up in a tree
Image Here

Of course you can always build or purchase a deer blind to be on the ground and out of the elements. I have used both and think they each offer a different perspective and hunt. 
Image Here
On this hunting trip because I will be going for both turkey, as well as deer, I will be carrying a gun and a bow. For the deer, I use a traditional Sequoia Longbow with handcrafted arrows, (made by me over the past few months), carried in a leather quiver also handcrafted by me in the shop over a long weekend.
Image Here


 And I am taking my Remington 870 Express for turkey. 
Image Remington

I also like to be prepared with a first aid kit, a fanny pack with my Thermos of coffee and sandwiches and snacks, a flashlight and Stallion Leather holder, and a knife/multi-tool, and last but not least a phone in case of emergencies. Of course I also have my gear, tags, etc, that goes without saying. 
Are you ready for the hunt? What gear do you use? 
Be safe this weekend, SAFETY FIRST! There are going to be a lot of hunters so be cautious and careful, and prepared. 
Good luck!
If you need any Stallion Leather gear there is still time to order! Remember we sell flashlight holders, phone holders, knife and multi-tool holders and much more. We are not just outfitting the law enforcement and military, we are outfitting sportsmen and women. Be sure to check our webpage for new products!
Contact us at 414-764-7126 or www.stallionleather.com!

FYI Per the Wisconsin DNR: "The 2012 archery deer season runs from Saturday, Sept. 15, through Thursday, Nov. 15 and then from Saturday, Nov. 17, the start of the gun season, through Jan. 6, a Sunday.
Archery deer hunters will again be allowed to hunt during the regular nine-day gun deer hunt in November, and new this year, they will be able to fill a gun license deer tag with a bow or crossbow during the gun deer seasons. During the gun deer season, bow hunters will be required to follow the same blaze orange clothing regulations as gun hunters.
As always, there is be no deer hunting of any kind on the Friday preceding the gun deer hunt. This single day separates the early and late bow deer seasons."

No comments:

Post a Comment