Thursday, January 24, 2013

Winter Camping

Good morning! I hope your week is going well. We are back and settled in from the SHOT Show but after all that hard work I felt like I need a little vacation.


I am a big fan of camping in the warm summer months, but to be honest had never heard of winter camping or thought about giving it a try.




As I was perusing the weekly report from the Wisconsin DNR I noticed a small article on it and now my wheels are turning. I could do a little snow shoeing, or cross country skiing or perhaps bird watching.

Do you camp in the winter? What special equipment do I need? Where do I get water? There is an excellent article from Princeton that answers these questions and so many more. Frankly, if you are camping this winter as a seasoned pro or a newbie, this article would be the first place I would go for information and resources.

If you are interested in winter camping in Wisconsin, the Wisconsin DNR provides a list of sites Winter camping sites here. And Gander Mountain provides a winter camping check list that you can print out to be sure that you have everything you need to have a comfortable and safe trip.

If you camp in the winter I would love to hear about your experiences! Please let me know where you go and what you do while you are there.

Have a great week! And as always if you are looking for 100% American Made leather and ballistic concealed carry holsters, flashlight holders etc, please do not hesitate to call 414-764-7126 or visit our web page at www.stallionleather.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment