Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Musings: Iver Johnson Ad


Hello! I hope you had an enjoyable weekend! Did you get a chance to try any of the duck recipes that I suggested last week? Or do you have a favorite that you want to share?

I enjoyed my weekend, I worked a bit. I like to come in to work on prototypes on the weekend when I am not answering the phone and getting distracted. 

Speaking of distractions, this vintage ad came to me in an email. What do you think? I do not know about you but I cannot believe that someone ever thought this was a great advertisement. And I am absolutely sure that if this was published today the social media outrage alone would have sever consequences for this company.

 Iver Johnson has an interesting history, the original company started in 1871-1993 and was a firearm, bicycle and motorcycle manufacturing plant. Eventually they stopped manufacturing everything but firearms and were purchased and moved several times. Today, there is a new Iver Johnson, Inc and they are manufacturing guns again, 1911, pump shotguns and magazines. 

I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment